How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Friday, February 20, 2009

PSYKUP


PSYKUP
WE LOVE YOU ALL (2008)
320 KBPS

Psykup hails from Toulouse and consists of five men who play eclectic metal in a way you have never heard before. Behold, this CD might end up at the top of my year list. What music. What violence. What insanity.
How do you describe Psykup? Like Mr Bungle with ADHD? Like Gorerotted who try to play like The Mars Volta? Like Strapping Young Lad with a multiple personality disorder? The fact remains that ‘We Love You All’ is an album with a lot of surprises crammed in one song. And if you look at it that way, there is not very much: there are just six songs on this album, but with an average playing time of nine minutes. Only ‘The Choice Of Modern Men’ differs with 4:26 minutes. The raging opening-hurricane ‘Color Me Blood Red’ puts us in our place with fast drums, primus like fills and stepping up into other genres like funk and jazz. Almost ten minutes does this tornado last. We ain’t there yet. ‘Birdy’ hits us hard and leads us to the ecstatic orgasm of this cd: ‘My Toy My Satan’. With terrific samples from the movie ‘Dogma’ which gives Psykup bonus points. Constant quality with a sound ladies and gentlemen: to die for!
The only thing that stings me is that I read on their myspace page that the cd has another tracklisting and that ‘We Love You All’ is a double cd according to their information. The promo doesn’t give me the right impression! So guess that I give Psykup 90 points, I may sell them short because I haven’t heard the entire album. Dilemma’s, dilemmas.
If you even could imagine something from aforementioned descriptions, then Psykup is a band for you. For people who want their metal ‘pure’ and ‘true’, better leave this one and buy the new Judas Priest. This is for adventurers only. I will put it on another time!

CD1
1. Color Me Blood Red
2. Birdy
3. The Choice of Modern Men
4. En vivre libre ou mourir Part 1
5. En vivre libre ou mourir Part 2
6. Rétroaction

CD2
1. La vie dont vous êtes le héros - prologue
2. La vie dont vous êtes le héros - le choix
3. My Toy, My Satan
4. La vie dont vous êtes le héros - pile
5. Here Come the Waves
6. La vie dont vous êtes le héros - face

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great band,indeed.I have also their previous album the L'ombre et la Proie,which is also pummeling well.