How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

AIR



AIR
POCKET SYMPHONY (2007)
320 KBPS

Air has always had a special place in my heart, since there are a few songs on Premiers Symptômes that personify my wife. I have known Air since Moon Safari, and so has my wife. At the time, we didn’t know each other but we had some music that we both enjoyed. Even today, we listen to similar music. However, I have diverged into IDM and minimal techno, though still enjoying indie music and other non-electronic music genres.
I have always been a fan of the instrumental tracks of Air. I have not yet examined Talkie-Walkie in enough detail to understand it completely. Recently, I alternate between Pocket Symphony, Premiers Symptômes and Moon Safari when I want to listen to Air.
Of all of the songs, I think that Space Maker is one of the strongest, with its great melodies and arrangements. I enjoy when the full spectrum of the sounds comes into play, it reminds me of the beach. Once Upon A Time introduced me to a new sound, including vocal parts which I had not really concentrated that much on before. The song is interesting in its complex musical arrangements. One Hell Of A Party follows and slows the tempo down. Napalm Love follows well, and is more akin to Once Upon A time.
On Photograph, we hear "I would like to have your autograph, the angels cry to have your photograph." Mer Du Japon follows the stronger compositions like Once Upon A Time and Napalm Love.
Like most Air albums, this one will take some time to digest. I have listened to it quite a few times, but not enough to really dissect it. One thing is for sure, Air is continuing to produce their unique sound for all of their fans. As much as I now prefer the non-vocal tracks, I found myself hooked on the strange refrains that the vocalists sing on the tracks. I recommend it.

1. Space Maker
2. Once Upon A Time 4:02
3. Hell Of A Party 5:02
4. Napalm Love 4:02
5. Mayfair Song 3:27
6. Left Bank 4:07
7. Photograph 3:51
8. Mer du Japon 3:04
9. Lost Message 3:32
10. Somewhere Between Waking And Sleeping 3:36
11. Redhead Girl 4:33
12. Night Sight 4:21


password: NS88

No comments: