How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

HILDE MARIE KJERSEM


HILDE MARIE KJERSEM
A KILLER FOR THAT ACHE (2008)
320 KBPS

Rune Grammofon suggest that this debut long-player by Hilde Marie Kjersem is "neither a jazz album nor your typical melancholy Nordic singer songwriter album", and certainly, anyone expecting something along the lines of the label's other prominent female songwriter, Susannnna (& The Magical orchestra) Wallumrod will find Kjersem to be a rather different prospect. While her delicate, calmly articulate voice is comparable in its hushed loveliness, musically this is a slightly more volatile experience. Early on you'll think you've settled into a fairly mainstream pop groove with ballads like 'Mary Full Of Grace' and the minimal, autoharp anti-lullaby 'Sleepyhead'. But oddness is just around the corner, as on the slightly bizarre 'Marie Antoinette'. Next up, the multitracked acappella of the title track (and later on, 'Save Up') proves to be incredibly pretty, but the abstract electronic drum contortions of 'London Bridge' and the Roobarb & Custard basslines of 'Catching A Star' prevent Kjersem from coming across as too delicate.

1. Sleepyhead
2. Mary Full Of Grace
3. Fantasy
4. Marie Antoinette
5. A Killer For That Ache
6. Midwest Country
7. Save Up
8. London Bridge
9. It Is Easy
10. Catching A Star
11. Working Girl

3 comments:

Melvillain said...

Good review. I'm looking forward to listening to it.

Admin said...

Nice to see you back!
I knew you don't let the bastards grind you down!

Keep on posting your fabulous selection of (eclectic) music!


-> http://jackurth.blogspot.com/ <-

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Dinho and I'm from Brazil. You have a killer blog, I really liked. I am constructing a website where people can create profile, coments and post links to anywhere on the web. I would like to invite you to visit me at the profile that I have created to myself, "THE HOUSE OF NOISE". I have posted some links of New Moodswing - I always tell the source - if you dislike, please let me know and I'll remove them. The url is http://yurli.com/search/thehouseofnoise. I also gonna appreciate if you sign up and create profiles to posts your own links. Anyway tanxs and, please, keep up the good work.