How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Monday, March 2, 2009

MORISSEY


MORISSEY
RINGLEADER OF THE TORMENTORS (2006)
320 KBPS


`Ringleaders of the tormentors' is the follow up to 2004's brilliant `You are the quarry. It's a more classical (hence the cover photo) and complex effort than that was. The songs are not as immediate, but once they grab you, there's no letting go.
Opening is the middle-eastern orchestrated cut `I will see you in far off places', followed by the lush hymnal (complete with organ) `Dear God please help me' (string arrangement by cinematic guru Ennio Morricone).
`Lead off single `You have killed me' is a catchy upbeat pop/rock song with literate poetic lyrics. Similar are `The youngest was the most loved' with a children's chorus and the Smiths-like `I just want to see the boy happy.
Moving to the other tracks, `In the future when all's well' is upbeat, there is the rather dark but upbeat `The father who must be killed' (a step child that kills her abusive step father and herself), the moody, drenched `Life is a pigsty' (rain storm effects, dripping piano, soothing vocals, midway change in tempo), the ballads `I'll never be anyone's hero now' and the Smiths-like `To me you are a work of art' (Chorus - to me you are a work of art/and I would give you my heart/that's if I had one), `On the streets I ran' (beautiful sunny song, vivid story telling), and `At last I am born' (cutting strings announce a gentle marching beat, children's chorus and cryptic/poetic lyrics).
I know loads of people have knocked Morrissey's last 2 CDs as not living up to his past glories, but I love them both, and they are a hundred times better than most chart fare.


1. I Will See You in Far off Places
2. Dear God Please Help Me
3. You Have Killed Me
4. The Youngest Was the Most Loved
5. In the Future When All's Well
6. The Father Who Must Be Killed
7. Life Is a Pigsty
8. I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now
9. On the Streets I Ran
10. To Me You Are a Work of Art
11. I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
12. At Last I Am Born

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morissey redeemed himself on his last tow efforts. Still cynical, ironic and sometimes downright funny (that's how I view him). Anyway, saw him played this album at the Hollywood Bowl. Excellent.

EG626