How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

SCREAMING HEADLESS TORSOS



SCREAMING HEADLESS TORSOS
S/T (1995)
320 KBPS

Lead by guitarist extraordinaire David Fiuczynski, the Screaming Headless Torsos released one of the best album of the 90's. It sadly went relatively unnoticed but with its jazz/funk/metal fusion (and a Zappaian edge to the music that will please progressive rockers) the band did a terrific job. The singer, Dean, has one of the most extraordinary voices I've ever heard (and I've heard quite a lot) and not one of the compositions included in this self-titled album shows any weakness. I haven't heard anything else by the Screaming Headless Torsos, too afraid was I to be disappointed... Yes, it's as good as this album is! GET IT!

1. Vinnie
2. Free Man
3. Cult Of The Eternal Sun
4. Word To Herb
5. Blue In Green
6. Chernobyl Firebirds
7. Graffiti Cemetary
8. Smile In A Wave (Theme From Jack Johnson)
9. Wedding In Sarajevo
10. Hope
11. Kermes Macabre
12. Another Sucka


password: MOODSWINGSmusic

3 comments:

Cellar said...

is the password different here...? moodswings doesnt work

Mr Moodswings said...

Can't you see the little grey line at the bottom right of the post? ;)

tommythomaso said...

I've picked thru your offerings with interest, snagging a few otherwise unknown to me, with a stark lack of disappointment. Listening to the the Fuze "Jazz Punk" now (not that risky really having been exposed earlier to his "Kif.)"

More interesting to me is the way you describe the music: so articulate, so apt.

What makes me write is one of your remarks, "too afraid was I to be disappointed." I was sure I was the only one who had this particular fear. Hearing Stanko's "Suspened Night" caught me by surprise. I had to pay attention, after all it came from Manfred and Manfred delivers . . . almost always. "Suspended Variation II" introduced me to Wasilewski and I couldn't believe my ears. Completely unknown to me and the station's music director, coming from Poland whose jazz was unknown to me. Then comes "Trio," "Lontano," "January," and Manu's “Neighbourhood” and “Playground.” Each time I faced disappointment; each time I got more excited about this bald-headed genius pianist. The You Tube's, expecially "Kattorna" and "Celina" were thrilling.

Anyway, thanx for the amazing work you do.