How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

FRIPP & ENO


FRIPP & ENO
NO PUSSYFOOTING (1973)
REMASTER
320 KBPS

Fripp's remastering of "No Pussyfooting" reveals layers of music that were never audible before. The beginning of "The Heavenly Music Corporation," which originally sounded like a drone increasing in intensity, on this remastered version becomes a symphony of guitar loops. Many of the background sounds, which were really difficult to distinquish on the original recording, are clear on this one.
The reverse version of "Swastika Girls" is fascinating in that it sounds similar, but not identical to, the original version. The reverse version of "The Heavenly Music Corporation" is so surreal it defies description. The half speed version is a bit less interesting, but it is a good ambient piece.
Overall, there is no comparison between this remastering and the 1990 release, or the tracks on "The Essential Fripp and Eno." If you've always enjoyed "No Pussyfooting," get this release without hesitation.

Disc One
1-5 The Heavenly Music Corporation
6-7 Swastika Girls
8-12 The Heavenly Music Corporation (reversed)

Disc Two
1-5 The Heavenly Music Corporation (half speed)
6-7 Swastika Girls (reversed)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

a genuine classic. do you maybe also have their other album, "evening star" in the new version? best wishes. ubique

Joe said...

Such a great record, thanks for the share of the remaster

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, great choice! Not all of the files have been encoded in 320k, though (tracks 1 and 3 on disc 1, for example).

Cheers, and keep up the good work!

Mr Moodswings said...

It's all 320. Though, if it's not to your liking, you can still buy the cd. In fact, I urge you to.
No hard feelings but I'm getting a little tired of people leaching the archives and complaining. If that wasn't your intention, sorry.

aorto said...

Love your site and appreciate you sharing. Also love the 'Leave Me A Comment' monkey. Thank you.

Loren said...

Appreciate the share. When I first heard this, I didn't know what to make of it, a little too placid at times for my taste back then. Having listened to lots of Fripp and Eno since, it all makes sense now. Thanks for leading this horse to water, which I'm only too happy to drink.

Anonymous said...

@ Mr Moodswings:

I didn't mean to critizise you, sorry for giving this impression. My intention was to simply relate information I thought you may be interested to get.

Cheers, and thanks again for the music.

E Y said...

Thanks for the remastered version. I have the non-remastered CD and I am very interested to explore remastered sound. It is heavy music, not really ambient, I would call it. It is sharp music. When I listen this album I feel that a knife put on my throat ready to cut. So tense, I find it.

cheers.