How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Friday, December 5, 2008

AIRELLE BESSON - SYLVAIN RIFFLET


AIRELLE BESSON - SYLVAIN RIFFLET
ROCKING CHAIR (2007)
320 KBPS

Another release from one of the best independant jazz labels in France, Chief Inspector (Rigolus, Centenaire, Camisetas, etc.), Besson & Rifflet's Rocking Chair is a perfect mix of rock and jazz. Lead by the talented duet formed by Airelle Besson (trumpet, fiddle) and Sylvain Rifflet (saxophone, clarinet, keyboards) accompanied by Pierre Durand (guitars), Eric Jacquot (double bass) and Nicolas Larmignat (drums), Rocking Chair is probably the finest jazz record released last year in France. At times, it reminds me of Soft Machine and Van der Graaf Generetor in its freedom and unique way to merge rock music with jazz æsthetic. Varied yet focused, Rocking Chair is an album that will please those looking for a kind modern jazz which is never scared to evolve into other forms adding, for example, ethnic sounds or progressive leanings to its mix. This is the duet's first album and surely a sign of many great things to come. Essential.

1. Boo Boo
2. Forget It
3. Ma-ion
4. Fly Away
5. Désert
6. Duo
7. Wee Man
8. Tsunami
9. Eternité
10. Bout de Boo Boo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks !
Riff

fotoworks said...

Hi Mr Moodswings.
Just like to say I sometimes grab as many pieces as I can from time to time and listen in batches/while I work etc.

I keep coming back to Airelle Besson and Sylvain Rifflet - superb - I absolutely love it. Indeed essential.

I would never have found this wonderful music without your blog which has opened my musical horizons. Fabulous. More! More! Please!

Anonymous said...

thanks for offering this download, but how can I open the file - what's the password?

Anonymous said...

Hey man, the password is on the page... ;)

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot - at first I typed it in, and failed to convert the mp3s, after your advice I copied the password and now I am able to listening to this fantastic music...

Anonymous said...

by the way - if you want to have more of sylvain rifflet, go to dimeadozen.org and check out the great concert of michel portal!!! that's how I became aware of sylvain - it's been a strange trip to find your blog, but it was worth the travel. thanks a lot from Austria!!!