How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

JOHNNY HARTMAN & OLIVER NELSON


JOHNNY HARTMAN & OLIVER NELSON
I LOVE EVERYBODY (1966)
320 KBPS

It Isn’t Often that a Jazz Singer of Johnny Hartman’s Calibre (the only singer to have ever accompanied John Coltrane!) is Placed Beside an Arranger as Gifted as Oliver Nelson. In Addition to the Los Angeles, September 28, 1966 "live Studio Date" with Nelson, this Release features the Incomparable Hartman Accompanied by Orchestras Directed by Jack Pleis (1966) and by Rudy Traylor (1958). This Release Marks the First Time that Hartman’s 1966 Session with Jack Pleis is Available on CD. A must try for vocal jazz lovers.

1. Today I Love Everybody
2. T'Aint No Need
3. For the Want of a Kiss
4. Girl Talk
5. Old Black Magic / Matilde
6. If I Had You
7. When I Get the Time
8. Goodbye, Goodbye
9. I Cover the Waterfront
10. Go Away
11. As You Desire Me
Bonus tracks
1958 Sessions w/ Rudy Taylor & Orchestra
12. Mam'selle
13. To Each His Own
14. Sunday
15. Alone
16. Long Ago & Far Away
17. I Should Care
18. Little Girl Blue
19. But Beautiful
20. After You've Gone
21. There's a Lull in My Life
22. How Long Has This Been Going On
23. I Thought About You

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no go

Anonymous said...

I’m not a vocal jazz lover (yet?), but I haven’t really explored the genre, so I’ll start here. :)

Mr Moodswings said...

Well, you should have waited a little longer as I'm about to post Hartman's 64 release for Impulse!
You can also try his album with John Coltrane. You can find it here:
http://newmoodswings.blogspot.com/2008/11/john-coltrane.html
Together with the Coltrane Ballads album.