How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

THE DEAD BOYS


THE DEAD BOYS
YOUNG LOUD AND SNOTTY (1977)
320 KBPS

This album is quite simply the best American punk rock album ever recorded. In the entire punk genre it rates only behind "Never Mind the Bullocks" as the second best punk album of all time. When music buff friends who aren't familiar with the punk genre ask me what it's all about, I invariably point them twords those two albums. Usually it's "Young loud and Snotty" that I tell them to give a listen to first. I had the distinct pleasure of seeing the Dead Boys in concert back in '76 or '77 and it was the best rock concert of any kind I have ever attended (and I have seen hundreds). Sorry I don't quite remember the date, those years are still kind of a blur, ya know. There was pogo-ing and slam dancing a-plenty as the Boys did the songs from this album. It was a powerful, visceral explosion of punk rage, and this is what comes across when you play this album. I was an angry, alienated teenager when this album came out, and I felt like it was speaking directly to me. Now, as an angry, alienated adult, it's still speaking to me. It sprays a machine-gun blast of angry obscenities at the world so I don't have to. Thanks Dead Boys! You guys are a hell of a lot cheaper than expensive psychotherapy. This album is a must have for anyone interested in punk rock and the influence it has had on later music.

1. Sonic Reducer
2. All This And More
3. What Love Is
4. Not Anymore
5. Ain't Nothing To Do
6. Caught With The Meat In Your Mouth
7. Hey Little Girl
8. I Need Lunch
9. High Tension Wire
10. Down In Flames
11. Not Anymore/Ain't Nothin' To Do (Medley)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this-i have heard "sonic reducer" but have been looking for the album proper,

Richard said...

Now you're sending on my wavelength...

:-)

R

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking they were posers back in '78 or whenever this came out, mostly because I had a friend in NYC who hated Cheetah Chrome with an unnatural intensity. But I remember most of the songs on this like I heard it yesterday, and it'll be fun to hear 'em again.

nenest56 said...

Thank you so much for posting this great punk album.
You're right: "A Must Have"!

Greetings from Nenest