How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

LAURA VEIRS

LAURA VEIRS
JULY FLAME (2010)
320 KBPS

Inspired by peaches she found at a Portland, Ore., farmer’s market, Laura Veirs is now set to release her seventh full-length album next year.
July Flame, out Jan. 19, 2010, will be Veirs' first release through her new label, Raven Marching Band. The follow-up to 2007's Saltbreakers will also be her sixth album produced by Tucker Martine.
When she found those peaches last year, Veirs insisted that she and a friend each compose a song named after them. But long after they exchanged the two July Flame numbers, the inspiration stuck. "I’d been in a songwriting slump at that time and writing that song pushed me over my plateau and into a new place where I was surprising myself again. I invented oddball tunings so I was really using my ear to search out new-sounding melodies and patterns," Veirs says on her website. "I wrote this album from a searching, soulful place. I hope it elicits a real gut feeling."
The end result is a stripped-down release that mainly features her finger-picking over an acoustic guitar. My Morning Jacket’s Jim James also sings on a few of the tracks.

1. I Can See Your Tracks
2. July Flame
3. Sun Is King
4. Where Are You Driving
5. Life Is Good Blues
6. Silo Song
7. Little Deschutes
8. Summer Is The Champion
9. When You Give Your Heart
10. Sleeper In The Valley
11. Wide-Eyed, Legless
12. Carol Kaye
13. Make Something Good

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am happy to see this here. could you maybe post the password to open the archive?
thank you

Mr Moodswings said...

No.
Why?
Simply because you haven't searched for the password. It's fairly easy to find if you try.

Anonymous said...

if you mean MOODSWINGS - this one doesnt work for sure. well anyway, dont bother. i wont come back after this nice help

Mr Moodswings said...

Well, you must have done something wrong 'cause I've just tried it and it works.