How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Monday, August 31, 2009

AVIARY


AVIARY
AVIARY (1979)
320 KBPS

This US band is deeply rooted into some great bands of the seventies and plays a fresh and fun rock music.
Influences are plenty: guitar and vocals a la Queen for the opening track Soaring are such a pleasant way to start this album. Brad Love on the lead vocals has an excellent voice and performs in an outstanding way throughout this album. This song is excellent and is one of the highlight of this work.
If you are into an ELO ride, you can embark the Anthem For The USA while 10CC is just next door with Puddles. It holds the same craziness and clever arrangements (vocal + instrumental parts).
A combination of the both is noticeable during the enjoyable As Close As You Can Get. The melody is on the pop side but catchy and the vocals are again very well crafted. I am not saying that this is a great song, but it reminds me nicely two bands I have liked very much (and still do).
This album might sound outdated, but it should please anyone who is willing to refresh his memory and listen to unknown numbers which are truly attractive. Mystic Sharon is another jewel from this debut album.
One song is not on par: Feel The Heart which is AOR oriented, but overall this album holds more pleasant songs than average ones. If you like the bands that I have mentioned, you should have a good time while listening to this work. Add lots of synthesizers as well to get the whole picture.
A song as Average Boy is almost a mini-opera full of splendid vocals; it is really a performance but the whole album is of good value.

1. Soaring
2. Anthem For The U.S.A.
3. Puddles
4. As Close As You Can Get
5. Mystic Sharon
6. Feel The Heart (Then You'll Be Mine Again)
7. Average Boy
8. I Will Hear
9. Maple Hall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In 1979, I was six years old. During the summer one evening I went to a local fair at the county high school with a neighbor friend of mine. Among the usual crap that was there was a lady in a booth for a radio station giving away free albums. I stood in line and for whatever reason chose the Aviary album. I think I liked the picture of the guys on the back, since they looked "cool" and like the guys my older brother listened to. I thought he would applaud my taste in music. When I got home I showed him the album I received and waited for his praise. He took a look at it, and in his best older brother way, he pronounced that it was shit and went back to talking to his girlfriend on the phone, smacking me in the head for good measure.
Undaunted, I went to listen to my new album, and really REALLY liked it. Not having many other musical references at the time, I was as much impressed that it was free, as it was not "kids music". Years passed, my copy of Aviary was lost in the sea of time, and my musical collection expanded. I often wondered if I even remembered the name of the group correctly, as I could never find any information, and no one had heard of the group.
Imagine my surprise when you shared this album. I must have listened to this one a lot. I say that because all the songs I hadn't even THOUGHT of in almost 30 years I STILL knew the words to. And being older, I know the musical reference point for this group (very Queenish, with bits of Sparks thrown in for good measure.)
Thank you so much for sharing this. You brought back memories of a summer from my childhood. Memories I didn't even know I had.