How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

BENJAMIN BRITTEN (PT. 7)



THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION (2008)
PART 7
320 KBPS


Disc 32
1-17) The Turn of the Screw
Prologue
- ACT ONE
Theme
Scene One, The Journey
Variation I
Scene Two, The Welcome
Variation II
Scene Three, The Letter
Variation III
Scene Four, The Tower
Variation IV
Scene Five, The Window
Variation V
Scene Six, The Lesson
Variation VI
Scene Seven, The Lake
Variation VII
Scene Eight, At Night

Disc 33
1-16) The Turn of the Screw
(continued)
- ACT TWO
Variation VIII
Scene One, Colloquy and Soliloquy
Variation IX
Scene Two, The Bells
Variation X
Scene Three, Miss Jessel
Variation XI
Scene Four, The Bedroom
Variation XII
Scene Five, Quint
Variation XIII
Scene Six, The Piano
Variation XIV
Scene Seven, Flora
Variation XV
Scene Eight, Miles

Disc 34
1-20) A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- ACT ONE
Over hill, over date
Oberon is passing fell and wrath
Well, go thy way
How now my love?
Be it on lion, bear or wolf or bull
Welcome Wanderer...I know a bank
Is all our company here?
Fair love you faint with wand'ring in the mood
Through the forest have I gone
Stay, though thou kill me, sweet Demetrius
Come, now a roundell and a fairy song
You spotted snakes with double tongue
What thou seest when thou dost wake
- ACT TWO
Introduction: The wood
Are we all met?
I see their knavery
Be kind and courteous to this gentlemen
Hail, Mortal, Hail!
I have a reas'nable good ear in music
How now, mad spirit?

Disc 35
1-21) A Midsummer Night’s Dream
(continued)

- ACT TWO (continued)
Flower of this purple dye
Puppet? Why, so?
This is thy negligence
Up and down, up and down
On the ground, sleep sound
- ACT THREE
My gentle Robin, seest thou this sweet sight?
Helena! Hermia! Demetrius! Lysander!
When my cue comes, call me
Have you sent to Bottom's house
Now, fair, Hippolyta
If we ofend, it is with our good will
Gentles perchance you wonder at this show
In this same interlude I doth befall
O grim-look'd night, O night with hue so black
O wall, full often hast thou heard my moans
You ladies, you whose gentle hearts do fear
This lanhorn doth the horned moon present
Sweet Moon, I thank thee for thy sunny beams
Asleep, my love?
Come your Bergomask
Now the hungry lion roars

Disc 36
1-20) The Rape of Lucretia Op.37
- ACT ONE, scene one
Rome is now ruled by Etruscan upstart
It is an axiom among kings
Here the thirsty evening
Lucretia! Lucretia!
With you two arm in arm again
Interlude: Tarquinius does not wait
- ACT ONE, Scene two
Their spinning wheel unwinds
It is better to desire
The oatmeal slippers of sleep
None of the women move
- ACT TWO, Scene one
She sleeps as a rose
Lucretia!...What do you want?
Go, Tarquinius!
Interlude: Here in this scene you see
- ACT TWO, Scene two
Oh! What a lovely day!
How hideous! Take them away!
Flowers bring to every year
Too late, Junius
This dead hand lets fail
Is all this suffering and pain

Disc 37
1-10) Scenes from Peter Grimes Op.33
Whatever you say... Let her among without fault
Now the Great Bear and Pleiades
Interlude III: Sunday morning
Glitter of waves
Wherefore, I pray and beseech you
O all ye works of the Lord
In dreams I've buillt myself some kindlier home
Embroidery in childhood
Interlude VI
Grimest... Steady, there you are
11-15) Folksong Arrangements
The Plough Boy
Come you not from Newcastle?
The foggy, foggy dew
The king is gone hunting
O Waly, Waly

And this concludes the Britten week at New Moodswings.

8 comments:

yvesdi said...

I've just finished downloaing the complete Benjamin Britten collection! 42 hours of incredible music!

Thanks a lot!

I can't express how much I appreciate your blog ...

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for your efforts of the last week. Some great recordings of great music.

Anonymous said...

Huge effort, many many thanks. Hope for other weeks like this one...

Nick

Jake said...

Once again thanks so much for this.

Anonymous said...

Pretty amazing. Kudos for your effort.

Emmanuel

ovisnigra said...

This blog ist still the greatest. Thanks a lot for all your hard work. We really appreciate it.

ovisnigra said...

For anyone looking for the performers in this Britten collection I just found the complete booklet here:

http://www.brittenpears.org/?page=resources/pdf/Britten%20Collectors%20Edition.pdf

Thanx for this monumental post. I'm a long time Britten fan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this! I prefer the Britten/Pears recordings but even so I found plenty to love here. Your blog is an amazing resource.

Emily