How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

COLIN BLUNSTONE


COLIN BLUNSTONE
ONE YEAR (1971)
REMASTER
320 KBPS

The Zombies disbanded before their classic Time Of The Season smashed onto radio airwaves, and lead singer Colin Blunstone took to a desk job.
One year later, he grew tired of insurance or whatever it was and got back in the studio. Armed with fellow Zombs Chris White and Rod Argent as co-writers and producers, Colin managed to record what I consider the most beautiful and precious record in my collection. One Year is a very, very special record to me, so much that it’s actually hard to even mention here.
Three tracks feature backing by the band Argent, and have a lite rock feel, but the rest feature Colin’s gentle voice over a tightly arranged and dynamic chamber orchestra. She Loves The Way They Love Her kicks it off with the album’s full band sound. It takes some getting used to as it’s not quite Zombies and perhaps a little too produced, but believe me, this one will get you in the long run with its amazing melody and Colin’s excellent vocal work. The other rock band songs include Caroline Goodbye and Mary Won’t You Warm My Bed, both excellent, upbeat tunes. It’s the orchestra numbers that will get you on this record though. Songs like I Can’t Live Without You, Her Song, and Let Me Come Closer To You will simply KILL you!!
If you are in the market for records that grow on you more and more each time you listen, this is made for you. I wasn’t sure what to think about One Year when I finally tracked it down (luckily, it’s easily available these days) but after a few years with it, it is definitely one of my favorites.

1. She Loves The Way They Love Her
2. Misty Roses
3. Smokey Day
4. Caroline Goodbye
5. Though You Are Far Away
6. Mary Wont You Warm My Bed
7. Her Song
8. I Cant Live Without You
9. Let Me Come Closer To You
10. Say You Dont Mind

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That introduction deserves a download and some preemptive thanks. :)

Mr Moodswings said...

I'm sure you will not be disappointed, this is a great album.

Anonymous said...

Awesome album! What a voice. The Zombies were always one of my favorite bands. This is no letdown. Thanks!

Steve