How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

CRASH TEST DUMMIES

CRASH TEST DUMMIES
GOD SHUFFLED HIS FEET (1993)
320 KBPS

While half of the songs are kind of boring on the CTD's second album, the other half make up for it by being surprisingly good! I, like many people, was introduced to the Crash Test Dummies when "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" became a huge radio hit. I really liked that song but was very wary of getting an entire album by them. I was not disappointed in the lyrics department; the songs are all a little strange. However, I was surprised that so many of these songs were not only catchy, but the lyrics were actually clever and/or hilarious. "Afternoons & Coffeespoons" is my hands-down favorite song on here. The melody is very catchy and upbeat and the lyrics are apparently about someone who is very ill! Some of the fun lyrics include "I've had my lungs checked out with X-rays, I've smelled the hospital hallways" and the chorus "Someday I'll have a disappearing hairline, Someday I'll wear pajamas in the daytime". Two other songs that are almost as catchy and have great lyrics are "How Does a Duck Know" and "I Think I'll Disappear Now". I won't spoil the lyrics on these two songs for you, but you can tell from listening to the latter of the two I mentioned that someone who wrote this song had a bad experience with tequila! I recommend this as an album of fun songs that can't be taken too seriously!

1. God Shuffled His Feet
2. Afternoons and Coffeespoons
3. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm, Mmm
4. In the Days of the Caveman
5. Swimming in Your Ocean
6. Here I Stand Before Me
7. I Think I'll Disappear Now
8. How Does a Duck Know?
9. When I Go Out With Artists
10. Psychic
11. Two Knights and Maidens
12. Untitled

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new Crash Test Dummies CD, "Oooh, La-La!" will be out on May 11th. There will be shows on the east coast and midwest, followed by west coast shows in June and Canadian shows in the fall. The record, their first since 2004, is terrific. I think you'll like these new songs. I hope so. Let us know.