How to download at MOODWINGS

MOODSWINGS doesn't host direct links any longer. All the links featured here are text files. You will have to download them, extract them (using the usual password) and open them to find your desired link.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WALTARI

WALTARI
TORCHA! (1992)
320 KBPS

My favourite album by Waltari, and I know many hardcore W-fans feel the same way. "Torcha!" also happens to be the first cd by a Finnish band that I ever bothered to buy (before it I did have a couple of vinyls and tapes).
Although this is a varied album, I think it sounds the most like a complete and tight unity of all the albums Waltari has done. The songs simply fit together. Here I would say thrash metal is the most obvious influence, as opposed to punk on the previous album. The material is amazingly strong: "Lights On", "The Lie Of The Zombie" (a track in my all-time Waltari top 5), "Dedicated To The Flyers", "Death Party" and the mighty "Fuckadelican Garden" (never mind the title)... For me, it's almost like a best of Waltari cd. The cover of Madonna's "Vogue" (with grunts in the chorus) is hilarious. Many of the less-know tracks also turn out to be hidden gems upon repeated listens.
Recommended!

1. Lights On
2. The Lie of the Zombie
3. I Held You So Long
4. Dedicated to the Flyers
5. Lust of Life
6. Vogue (Madonna cover)
7. Till the Music Nation
8. Fool's Gold
9. You Know Better
10. Dance Electric
11. Jukolauta
12. Death Party
13. I'm a Believer
14. Fuckadelican Garden
15. Waltari-lapio

No comments: